1. Wacky Wednesday
Kids brought in union to show their true colors.
Whether it is their funky polka dot pajamas or their cone-sized hairs, they are all proud to show off their school pride. I’ve come along to realize that besides the loads of stress that teacher pack on their students, every school is glad to provide a day or two of recreational activities. Not only is this a good tactic to prevent students from feeling the severe need to cut class, but it also brings in that 110% of school spirit. Wacky Wednesday not only is perfectly combined because it starts with the letter, “w”, but it also is a day where you can mock your friends who have decided to dress up wildly for a day, whether it be wearing a new pair of jeans (or same old ones) or wearing an ice cream cone on top of your head and pac man costume- you heard me right! Although I do not participate in these events because I do not wish to be the class clown for the rest of high school years, I do find my high school experience a bit more interesting. This can conclude to one of the many reasons why I do enjoy attending Herricks High. 2012 reigns supreme!
2.
Sleepy Sally slept swiftly on her soft comfy bed.
Annoying Alex grabbed an apple and bumped it with her head.
Ouch! Sleepy Sally exclaimed in sudden surprise.
Well Sleepy Sally, keep this up and the teacher will have you dead!
Sleepy Sally grabbed her schoolbag and brushed her teeth in a quick minute
Uh oh..Sleepy Sally forgot to change her clothes which led her to dread
Wake up Silly Sally! I’m matching with you! Max, her best friend said.
Man do I love Pajama Day, it’s a life saver! She thought to herself.
3. I feel that this year’s battle had been quite interesting and very strenuous with the many activities. I believe that every student can openly admit that they had almost lost their voice in cheering for their grade. Although, we were not fortunate to be provided with a welcoming cool breeze from outside or splendid air-conditioning facilities, we all were happily sitting (STANDING) in our sweat-drenched shirts for 3 hours gladly cheering on our grade. Some of the game that some of the students of each grade participated in was musical chairs, basketball- with balloons, and volleyball with this humungous round ball that took over three people to get over to the other side. Personally, on thing I disagree about the event was how we- the Sophomores did not receive 1st for school spirit when we had been basically the only grade that had stood up the entire time and when a few students decided to rip their shirts off in high enthusiasm. The theme color had been red and our topic was game night. I feel that based on the hallways and the excitement everyone in the grade had great excitement to be part of 2012...And like I said before…2012 reigns supreme!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment