Friday, March 5, 2010

HOW TO BECOME A WRITER- Reactions

When I read the story that was written by Lorrie Moore, I had mixed emotions about it. At first what came to my mind was how ridiculously looonng it was, over 15 minutes to read..
Anyways, I thought the meaning overall was to show the reader how there are countless things - over millions of topics/ideas to write about. Imagination is all we need and a piece of paper and pen or even a computer is all we need to be able to express our ideas endlessly, for as long as you want.
I liked how the author started off with, "First, try to be something, anything, else." At times we writers forget how to start of "creatively", especially when in Creative Writing class. We need to be able to just express what our mind is on whether it is on the topic of icecream, to kangaroos, to Chinese food....Just express anything!
That is the one thing I love about Writing, we are not being forced to stick to one main idea and we can never be considered wrong because after all you are free to express yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment